The South African Road Pavements Forum (RPF)
The Road Pavement Forum (RPF), a forum for sharing and debating road-related matters relevant to the South African roads industry, was established in August 2000.
RPF objectives include:
- Providing a perspective of overarching strategic issues as it affects pavement engineering;
- Promoting best practice;
- Co-ordination and linkage with other groupings;
- Establishment of task groups with specific national objectives;
- Provision of sufficient time for participation/discussion/advice and for social interactions;
- Dissemination of new technologies;
- Provision of a forum for acceptance of technological changes; and
- Provision of a forum for interaction between theory and practice and for identification of technology development needs.
The RPF makes provision for wider representation and participation from the broader roads industry, particularly urban and provincial authorities, tertiary institutions and contractors. It also allows for broader regional representation. South Africa can play an important facilitating role as a catalyst for technology transfer in the southern African region, and the RPF could become a vital part in this process.
For more information, please contact the current sponsors of the RPF: